If you would like your kids to eat more vegetables then try these delicious muffins, courtesy of BBC Good Food, which are packed with fruit and vegetables. Why not get the kids to make them too? These instructions are suitable for 8-14 year olds and may just need a grown up helper when dealing with the oven!
Prep: 35 mins Cook: 25 mins
• 50g courgettes, cut into chunks
• 1 apple, peeled and quartered
• 1 orange, halved
• 1 egg
• 75g butter, melted
• 300g self-raising flour
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• 100g golden caster sugar
• handful of sultanas
• 1 tub soft cheese mixed with 3 tbsp icing sugar, to make icing
1. Switch the oven to 190C/ 170C fan/gas 5.
2. Grate the courgettes and put them in a large bowl. Grate the apple and add to the bowl. Squeeze the orange and add the juice to the bowl.
3. Break the egg into a bowl; if any bits of shell get in, scoop them out with a spoon. Stir the butter and egg into the courgette and apple mix.
4. Sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the bowl. Add the sugar and sultanas.
5. Mix with a spoon until everything is combined, but don’t worry if it is lumpy.
6. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases in a muffin tin. Put it in the oven and cook for 20-25 mins. Cool in the tin, then spread some icing on each.