Delicious pancake recipes to try this Pancake Day!
Young and old, we all love making pancakes on Shrove Tuesday – whether you are a strictly lemon and sugar kind of pancake eater… or a more adventurous one, you can’t beat pancakes for a tasty snack or even a meal.
Make your pancake day even more interesting this year with these fab 5 pancake recipes with a twist:
- By adding shredded carrots, cinnamon, and vanilla extract to your pancake batter, you instantly have a healthy take on carrot cake. Try cream cheese for a topping for a great taste experience.
- Why not sprinkle cheese into the batter for a delicious cheesy hit and then top with a fried egg … or if you like to mix sweet and savoury… serve your pancakes with maple syrup.
- To add a warming kick to your pancakes, include ginger to your batter, along with other winter spices like cardamom and cinnamon.
- Live the American dream with this PBJ variation. (That’s peanut butter and jam by the way!). Swirl creamy or crunchy peanut butter into your batter and then serve spread with your favourite jam!
- Including fresh or frozen raspberries to your pancake batter will make a bright addition to any pancake. Top this with Nutella and ice cream for a delicious dessert.
Happy Pancake Day!
So there you go, we hope you have fun creating your pancakes with a twist – we’d love to see how they turn out.