Looking for things to do in Betws-y-Coed? Below are some of the best and most local Betws-y-Coed walks to embark on when in the area. Our guide includes a small selection of local walks around Betws-y-Coed, but there are plenty of other walks further afield in the Mountains of Snowdonia and North Wales. If you’re staying a little longer, we’ve provided some inspiration on what to do in Betws-y-Coed too! Start planning you’re adventure with our information, below.
[Image – alt: Betws-y-Coed Walks]
5 Local Walks in Betws-y-Coed
Pont-y-Pair Riverside Boardwalk (0.5 mile – 10 minutes)
More strolling than hiking. Starting at Pont-y-Pair bridge in Betws-y-Coed – where our lovely Hawkshead Store is located, this short walk is suitable for any ability as it follows a recently and purpose built boardwalk along the banks of the River Llugwy.
River Llugwy & River Conwy Confluence (2 miles – 40 minutes)
An easy flat stroll around the Betws-y-Coed golf course that follows the banks of the River Conwy and River Llugwy. The perfect gentle Betws-y-Coed walk for all the family to enjoy!
Pont-y-Pair to Miners Bridge (2 miles – 40 minutes)
An pleasant flat riverside walk to the Miners Bridge just over a mile away from Pont-y-Pair bridge. So if you’re looking for Betws-y-Coed dog walks, this one is ideal for bringing your pup along too!
Clogwyn Cyrau (2 miles – 30 minutes)
For something a little more advanced, try the Clogwyn Cyrau trail. This steep Forest Path walk leads to a spectacular viewpoint overlooking Betws-y-Coed – just remember to take some pics when you reach the top.
Lake Elsi (various routes) (2/4 miles – 1.5/3.5 hours)
For circular walks around Betws-y-Coed, there’s no better place than Lake Elsi. There are various routes mapped out from Pont-y-Pair to the lake. These can easily be combined with additional walks depending on how energetic you feel!
Things to do in Betws-y-Coed
Walking isn’t the only activity you can do here either. If you’re wondering what to do in Betws-y-Coed, check out our list of ideas below:
1. Head to Zip World Fforest. On the hunt for a fun family day out in Betws-y-Coed? Zip World Fforest offers just that. Located in a beautiful woodland, whizz down the Fforest Coaster with your little ones for an exciting adrenaline rush! Or if your kids are slightly older, try out one of the two high ropes courses and find out who’s a natural in your family.
2. Try scrambling. Get your grumpy teens up and moving with some scrambling in the valleys and canyons of Betws-y-Coed. Ideal for those looking for more of a high octane adventure, there are plenty of opportunities to go canyoning, abseiling and ziplining here.
3. Get on your bike. It would be rude not to go mountain biking when in Betws-y-Coed. The rugged landscape all around the area means there are lots of different routes and difficulty levels for you to choose from.
4. Get the family all aboard a steam train. Located right next to the Conwy Valley Railway Museum, this is a must do activity for any train enthusiasts in the family. Perfect for the little ones too, they can jump onboard the miniature steam train journey – wholesome fun for the whole family to enjoy.
5. Have a mooch around the shops. Sometimes there’s nothing better than pottering around all the little shops in a quaint location. Just be sure to head to our Hawkshead store to pick up all the walking gear you need for your trip!
Excited for your trip? We hope you’re feeling inspired after reading about our top 5 Betws-y-Coed walks and other activities to get up to when you’re there. Just make sure you have all the outdoor accessories you need to make your trip a memorable one.